Friday, May 13, 2011

Patience - A Poem

I’m struggling right now
With patience
Wanting the words I need to say
To become evident
Words that will envelop my journey
Not to
But with
Patience

You see
I keep thinking I’ll master it
That one day I’ll achieve patience
Finally able to consider myself a patient person
But I realize
For me
Patience is a constant walk
Not a jog, not a sprint, but a walk
In which I step at a melodic pace
Set to God’s timing and tune

And there it is
My problem with timing and tune
The fact that I want things to happen sooner than later
When I’ve put in all the work I can
I want to see following results
Or
There’s me trying to speed up time
Trying to find and take the quickest direction
To achieve the desired results
But you can’t speed up time or change the tune

So I wait
And in my waiting
I learn
I learn valuable lessons
How to love like God loves
How to live selflessly
And I receive precious gifts
Wisdom and awareness
And most of all
I unlearn selfishness

So whether it takes a day or a year
I walk with patience
Believing and knowing
That everything happens for a reason
And is ultimately for my destined good
And above all
I thank God
For my walk
With patience

No comments: